Friday, June 13, 2008

God's Timing

I've never had difficulty being patient, but recently, I have been struggling with letting everything happen in God's time. I so often cry out to Him, 'Why God? Why am I having to wait for what I want? Why does everyone around me have a significant other and I have just me?' Many days I find myself having to stop what I am doing because my desires are so strong. I know that God has perfect timing and that's why things are done, in His time and not mine. Just like it says in Ecclesiastes 3:11, "He has made everything beautiful in it's time, He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from the beginning to end." I just have to wait and be patient. It will be more beautiful if I wait for God's timing then I can release all the passion I'm holding in my heart for that one that special person. It will be better than I could ever imagine and one hundred percent worth the long, hard wait. If I don't have a lot of little relationships then my marriage and the few relationships before my marriage will be that much sweeter.
I've gone through a complete heart change, I use to constantly be in a relationship, or at least my heart has always yearned for one, but all that's given me is heartache. I need my heart to yearn for something that won't let me down. That's why I've changed what I want to something that will be better for me in the long run. However, just because I have changed what I want doesn't mean that my heart has changed what it wants. Basically, that means that it won't be easy, but I know that if I constantly pray to God to help me with this He will because He want to give me strength in my weakness. Psalm 68:35, "You are awesome, O God, in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God!"

No comments: