Tuesday, February 24, 2009

He lives!

My Savior lives! Doesn't that just blow your mind? How much about God is true based on that one statement? It means that God is active and working in lives around the world right now. He's not a thing of the past or irrelevant to life today because He's alive.
I've heard numerous songs that God is alive, for example Aaron Shust's song "My Savior, My God" and heard people talk about God that way. However, it has never really clicked with me until now. Just think about all the things we can do knowing that God is alive. We can live without any hesitations to obey Him, the lives we can touch and the differences we can make, it's incredible.
I really like the verse Galatians 2:20, "I have been crucified with Chirst and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me." I realize that that verse is a bit out of context here, but really, the implications that that verse makes is just astounding. Having a God who is alive and active in our daily lives is definately a blessing that none of us should take for granted or underexacerate.

No comments: